How should I start this blog? Should I start with a joke or some sort of whimsical saying? Perhaps an inspirational story that will make you want to go climb Mount Everest or lose 1000 pounds…. Nah, none of that is really me. Rather, I think I will start by telling you why I started Shiny Syndrome.
Rather than starting 2010 with a list of things that I should do but honestly will never get around too, I decided to make a list of 10 things that I can actually accomplish before 2011. Here we go:
1. Get featured on Style Me Pretty. If you are going to read this blog, you must know that I adore the blog Style Me Pretty. Since I am planning my wedding this year, my #1 goal is to infuse my parties with enough personal style and flare that I earn a coveted spot on Style Me Pretty.
2. Give to a good cause without writing a check.
3. Try out 10 new cookie recipes from Martha Stewart’s Cookie of the Day list.
4. Watch a really scary move… For the record, this is my challenge for the year. I am NOT a fan of scary movies but I suppose its time to get it through my blonde brain that they are “imaginary.”
5. Learn to fondant a cake.
6. Make five thoughtful, handmade gifts for people I love.
7. Make my own set of stationary.
8. Celebrate one obscure national holiday. For example, today was National Puzzle Day… That would have been perfect!
9. Attempt to make homemade mallows.
10. Reread the entire Harry Potter series in anticipation of the 7th movie.
So here I go, on a quest to have an awesome time while likely making a hella-ton of mistakes. welcome to the journey. More than likely, I will write more about my real life than about my “10 Things” quest but, regardless, I appreciate you coming along for the ride.